LIVEXchange is a showcase of the livestock export industry’s innovative and progressive approach to the opportunities and challenges that it faces.
The LIVEXchange 2021 photo competition aims to highlight and visually capture the various aspects of the supply chain, featuring best practice and positive animal welfare.
Photos will be judged on merit including relevance, creativity and technical excellence. LiveCorp will use entries as part of its publicity for LIVEXchange 2021 and for other purposes.
Email your photo (3-10MB) and completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org before 11:59pm, Friday 26 February 2021.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Eligibility criteria and other conditions
- Photos can portray various aspects of the livestock export industry in any of the categories below but must demonstrate best practice and (where relevant) positive animal welfare.
• Sheep and goats
2. Photos that do not complement the aims of LIVEXchange in promoting the industry as innovative and progressive, which are seen to be in poor taste, or contain any product marketing will not be accepted.
3. LiveCorp reserves the right to accept or reject any entry.
4. The photo must be your own and images must have been taken no more than 24 months before the competition deadline.
5. An applicant can submit up to 6 entries. However, repetitive entries from the same applicant, and multiple images of the same location/subject matter but different angles, are not encouraged.
6. High-quality images of 3MB to 10MB in size should be submitted as a .jpg or .png and should not include watermarks or branding.
7. By submitting a photo, the winning entrants licence full unrestricted use of the image submitted to LiveCorp for LIVEXchange publicity (including, but not limited to, promotional materials, social media, newsletters, and during the conference itself) and in other LiveCorp materials (including, but not limited to, its website and publications) for 2 years from close of entries.
8. The winners will be credited wherever possible when photographs are used. However, this is not guaranteed. If any party wishes to use any image for other purposes, they will be put in contact with the photographer to see if an agreement can be reached.
9. When submitting entries, photographers must also supply written permission for the use of that image from any recognisable individuals, owners of livestock where tags or branding is visible, or companies whose brands are photographed. Photos without this permission will not be considered. On providing your image to LiveCorp, you indemnify LiveCorp and its officers, employees and agents against any damage or loss made against or suffered by any of those indemnified arising, in whole or in part, as a result of the publication by LiveCorp or a person permitted by LiveCorp of your content.
10. Employees of LiveCorp, MLA and ALEC are not eligible to enter.
The competition will open on Wednesday 11 November 2020 and close at 11:59pm Friday 26 February 2021.
There will be 6 prizes in total: 1 x best overall photo and 5 x best photo from each category.
Best overall photo: This will be chosen from all entries. The winner will receive a $250 pre-loaded debit card and a complimentary full conference ticket to LIVEXchange 2021 (which includes access to the two-day conference and 2 social functions).
Best photograph from each of the five categories: These will be chosen from the remaining entries. Each winner will receive a $150 pre-loaded debit card and a conference-only ticket to LIVEXchange 2021.
Prizes and tickets are non-transferable.
How will winners be determined
All entries will be judged by the LIVEXchange Organising Committee.
Photos will be judged on merit including relevance, creativity and technical excellence.
Winners will be notified via email in the second week of March 2021 and winning photos will be announced during LiveCorp’s AOP meeting in April 2021.
The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.